Thread: New cars available at new 30k cap?

New cars available at new 30k cap?

Just browsing the motability website and noticed that the 1 and 3 series BMW's have disappeared. I then searched all Automatic cars and came across the new BMW 125i and 125d at £2999, so perhaps motability are now beginning to offer the better and more powerful cars after all. I had heard last week that the new cap had been raised to 30k instead of 25k which I suppose is overdue even with inflation. Im unaware of how reliable this source is however. Hopefully this is the change we have all been waiting on. If anyone has any info on this, feel free to post, keep us all updated.

If you could get a link to the info that would be great - I haven't heard a thing.

Not too fussed about powerful executive cars, I just want an automatic crossover/SUV to be the same AP as the manual version!

I've noticed a few cars on the scheme retailing at more than £30k whilst i've been comparing private v Motability.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    If you could get a link to the info that would be great - I haven't heard a thing.

Not too fussed about powerful executive cars, I just want an automatic crossover/SUV to be the same AP as the manual version!

I've noticed a few cars on the scheme retailing at more than £30k whilst i've been comparing private v Motability.
    Hi Paul, have a read through this lot if you can: http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/motability-questions/

Quote Originally Posted by GB103 View Post
    Hi Paul, have a read through this lot if you can: http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/motability-questions/
    I read it. It's a load of rubbish, any Tom, Dick or Harry can comment. Nothing from an official source. In the run up to a General Election, the cap won't be raised anytime soon.

The 1 & 2 series are still there, all they have done is added so e autos, as paul said i can not see them upping the cap to 30k this year!

Quote Originally Posted by GB103 View Post
    Just browsing the motability and noticed that the 1 and 3 series BMW's have disappeared. I then searched all Automatic cars and came across the new BMW 125i and 125d at £2999, so perhaps motability are now beginning to offer the better and more powerful cars after all. I had heard last week that the new cap had been raised to 30k instead of 25k which I suppose is overdue even with inflation. Im unaware of how reliable this source is however. Hopefully this is the change we have all been waiting on. If anyone has any info on this, feel free to post, keep us all updated.

However those horrible BMWs are around £26k so within the £25k cap after discount to motability.
    Would rather buy a plastic pig than a BMW

It's important to remember that the £25k cap is only limited to standard manual cars, and was imposed along with the supposed £2k limit on APs.

Motability can exceed that cap with Automatics, Estates, Diesels, 7 Seaters, SUVs (capable of carrying scooters, etc), basically as long as a Manufacturer has one model under the £25k limit then they can add more exotic cars to the list.

Sources
    The original October 2011 Daily Mail outrage Link
    Motability's statement in January 2012
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs