Thread: Too many brown envelopes!

Too many brown envelopes!

Just a quick vent....... PIP paper based assessment sent to DWP by Capita 2 Jan, paper copy scanned in 7 Jan - no decision yet - been 6 weeks today.
    Got DWP Brown envelope last week and looked at it for over an hour before opening.........only to find a DLA update letter for my son, routine reconfirmation of existing entitlement.
    Got another DWP type brown envelope today...a thick one....deep breath and....... aaaarghhhhhh a letter from the CSA to tell me my son's maintenance agreement will stop this year (he has never actually had anything anyway as his biological dad moved out of Britain years ago). Didn't even know we still had a 'case' with them but obviously their computer system is rooting thro the archives!!

Am hoping next brown envelope will be the right one!!! Can't cope with all these false alarms :/

Quote Originally Posted by autismmom View Post
    Just a quick vent....... PIP paper based assessment sent to DWP by Capita 2 Jan, paper copy scanned in 7 Jan - no decision yet - been 6 weeks today.
    Got DWP Brown envelope last week and looked at it for over an hour before opening.........only to find a DLA update letter for my son, routine reconfirmation of existing entitlement.
    Got another DWP type brown envelope today...a thick one....deep breath and....... aaaarghhhhhh a letter from the CSA to tell me my son's maintenance agreement will stop this year (he has never actually had anything anyway as his biological dad moved out of Britain years ago). Didn't even know we still had a 'case' with them but obviously their computer system is rooting thro the archives!!

Am hoping next brown envelope will be the right one!!! Can't cope with all these false alarms :/
    Hi

I wouldn't worry too much - you know what they say - no news is good news; although of course this is of no comfort to the hundreds of thousands of claimants who have been waiting for many months or even years in some cases.

I would try to relax and when the next brown envelope arrives, just open it straightaway; whenever Iv'e done this for some strange reason it's always been the eagerly awaited letter we've been waiting for - and with a favorable outcome.
    Of course if it was an ATOS letter you were waiting to hear about, these are usually sent out in white envelopes, which tend to wrong foot people - so good news there at least.

Anyway I hope you get your son's decision soon and lets hope it's a favorable one too. After following your comments I am sure it will be. Good luck.

Buster