Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motability - When do DWP pay Motability?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
    toolook, I was asking here as there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that have been through this process before. I myself haven't, so was looking for advice, what with this being an advice forum...
    Thank you everyone else for your advice. I now have the matter sorted.
    The problem with the type of question you pose, is that no one on here can give you a definitive answer, which Motability can. You also get an answer very quickly from Motability, instead of waiting on here for someone to respond.

That is why I suggested you phone Motability, as they will have the payment schedule in front of them.

I got a letter today from DWP saying my mobility payment will stop on the 1st of April as im due to pick my car up on the 20th of march, as thats what mobility had told DWP ,

I would think it stops when you put your pin-number in when you pick the car up, why worry about what date it stops,?

LisaG
    I was never worried. More so curious :-) It is the control freak in me. Anyway, I collect my car on the 1st of March and my payments stop from that date. My next payment is due on the 5th. DWP advise me that any monies owed to me will be repaid. I will just wait and see what happens and look forward to collecting my car. :-)

Hi lisaG

What car are you getting?

The nissan factory told nissan dealership my car should be with them by the 20th, but the dealership has said thats the latest it will be, they said it should be with them about 2 weeks before that date? so about the first week in march, can not wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
    I was never worried. More so curious :-) It is the control freak in me. Anyway, I collect my car on the 1st of March and my payments stop from that date. My next payment is due on the 5th. DWP advise me that any monies owed to me will be repaid. I will just wait and see what happens and look forward to collecting my car. :-)

LisaG
    Hi Marcus6, I'm getting a Ford Kuga :-) Yesterday I had 2 identical letters from DWP sent a day apart from each other. The first said, we are stopping you mobility component (as it is going to Motability) from Feb 25th, the second said April 1st. Confused, I rang DWP ad their answer was "we don't know why it has generated 2 different dates, but if you are owed any money then we will reimburse you". Lol, So, I will just wait and see what happens with the payments. I'm signing for the car on the 1st March.

Hi lisaG

Nice car, i would have looked at them! But my boy is going on my ins and he is only 20, so that ruled the Kuga out as none of them let under 25 to drive