Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motability - When do DWP pay Motability?

LisaG

Motability - When do DWP pay Motability?

Do they pay in advance?? I am due a payment on 5th March. I am waiting for my dealership to get back to me with an agreed handover date from Motability. The vehicle arrives with them the end of this week and we had agreed on as early as possible in March for handover. My question is, if anyone knows, would I be able to collect any time after the 5th (payment date) or will DWP pay Motability starting from April? Hopefully that makes sense.

Hi LisaG

I know pip is paid weeks in arrears, motability is paid from the week after you get the car, so if you get ur car on 2nd march then they would start collecting payment on the 9th

hope this makes sense, i know this as it has just happened to me, i got my car today, and am due payment this wednesday, so i will get the full amount as they wont start taking payment until next week.

Juliex

My Wife has ordered her car some weeks ago from the factory.

The dealer has given her a date when the car is due to arrive, and then they have to inform Motability with a 4 working day notice before her collecting the car from the showroom after arrival.

LisaG
    Thanks both. Still confuse ;-) So, as I am due to be paid on the 5th March, I could collect it on the 1st??

Im sure if you collect the car before your PIP/DLA payment is due you won't receive it as you have entered into a contract as soon as you enter your pin...you could however wait until the 6th then you would receive your full payment as normal

no thats not quite correct

the dealership cant release the car until they have a safe date from dwp as to when they will get paid

say the safe date is 25th feb next week, the earliest you can get your car is 18th feb as you have 7 days up until the safe date when the garage can handover the car.

I have spoken to motability operations regading this in great detail of the last couple of days, the safe date from the dwp is always on a wednesday as this is when dla/pip is usually paid. My safe date is 25th Feb so i can collect the car when it ready from 18th Feb, and the 18th is when my pip is due and its for the full amount. (i just had problems with the dealership and got it early, have done another post about this)

@LisaG
    if your safe date is given as 12th march, then you can collect your car from 5th march and still be paid on the 5th your full amount of money. You get your car anytime in the 7 days before your safe date.

But if your safe date is 5th march (erm 5th march is on a thurs, do you get paid on a thursday?), then you can collect your car anytime after 27th Feb but you might only get 3 weeks mobility payment.

Thats how i understand it anyway, hope it makes sense

Juliex
    Last edited by candy1567; 17-02-15 at 20:19.

LisaG
    Thank you. Yes I get paid on Thursdays. I was hoping to collect on the 1st March. I thought that I would have to wait until the 5th (payment date) and then be able to collect and then that month I would just the the Care side and all of the mobility will go to Motability. If I collect on the 1st, would I still get some of the mobility side of it? Then the following payment in April just get the care side?? Sorry, my brain is effected terribly these days with this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
    Do they pay in advance?? I am due a payment on 5th March. I am waiting for my dealership to get back to me with an agreed handover date from Motability. The vehicle arrives with them the end of this week and we had agreed on as early as possible in March for handover. My question is, if anyone knows, would I be able to collect any time after the 5th (payment date) or will DWP pay Motability starting from April? Hopefully that makes sense.
    I don't quite understand why you are asking here. The only people that can give you a definitive answer is Motability. I suggest you phone and ask them this question. As all you will get here is presumptions and guesses. Another way to find out is if they don't deposit the money, you can safely bet Motability has taken it.

LisaG
    toolook, I was asking here as there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that have been through this process before. I myself haven't, so was looking for advice, what with this being an advice forum...
    Thank you everyone else for your advice. I now have the matter sorted.

@julie

You don't actually enter any form of agreement with motability until you enter the pin....when i picked my car up it was due 9th March however i was admitted into hospital for 13 days and still received my full month's motability component...after i picked up my car i received a very little amount from the component worked out to the exact day i entered the pin