Thread: windscreen wipers

windscreen wipers

hi all im new here.
    ok here goes ive got a vw golf 62 plate.i notice that the windscreen wiper is coming away from the top of the arm.
    about 2 inches a rip i think do i pay for this.or is it covered by vw.
    thanks clive

Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    hi all im new here.
    ok here goes ive got a vw golf 62 plate.i notice that the windscreen wiper is coming away from the top of the arm.
    about 2 inches a rip i think do i pay for this.or is it covered by vw.
    thanks clive
    You would get an answer quicker by phoning Motability/VW dealer then posting. I would get it sorted quick, as you might start scratching the windscreen as the metal part of the wiper will come into contact with the windscreen.

Wipers should be changed once every 6 months, or at least every year.

Assuming it's Motability you're covered, just pop into the garage and they will sort it out for you.

Thanks for your help.yes is is a motabillity car

It’s a know thing with the windscreen wipers on the MK 7 Golf (don’t know about the Mk 6) that the wiper are not as good as they should be and on the Golf forum I use it has often had this question turn up and what I can make of it their having the blades replaced under warrantee but that said no problems for you so just call your dealer.

BTW my new Golf is not showing any problems with the blades so I’m hoping they’ve put better blades on them now because even if you don’t pay for it you still got to go out of your way to have them replaced and that can be many a miles drive for some.

hi toolook.
    it was 9.04 last night when i post this to this site.this morning at 8.30 phoned vw.9.15 job done

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    You would get an answer quicker by phoning Motability/VW dealer then posting. I would get it sorted quick, as you might start scratching the windscreen as the metal part of the wiper will come into contact with the windscreen.

Wipers should be changed once every 6 months, or at least every year.
    it was 9.04 lastnight when i posted.9.15 today wipers was on car