Thread: PIP - Paper based Review, what is it?

Post PIP - Paper based Review, what is it?

I had my MR turned down for PIP, but this is no surprise as I hadn't been able to get enough evidence. I had decided to close the claim and reapply for PIP. I did this so that this time I can be more detailed when doing the PIP2 form in which the DM mainly looked at. I went throught the phone call, etc and today phoned Atos today to see how they were doing with my claim and was told they had done a paper based review and sent it over to the DWP on the 6th. What is a paper based review?, would I still need to do an assessment? and could they have used evidence from my previous claim with the additonal supporting evidence from my Social worker that I included in my current claim. I have sent a more through document of my problems with several situations I have got myself into becuase of them, and I included my hospital doctor and GP contact details.
    Last edited by ChrisAllen95; 09-02-15 at 14:29.

Similar Threads

1. Paper based review for my son's PIP
    By Carrera74 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 15-09-14, 18:07
  2. Paper based report good or bad news
    By louisag in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-14, 22:54
  3. PIP no f2f assessment and paper based review.
    By alisonra in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-06-14, 14:01
  4. esa income based and contributory based receiving both savings limit
    By hawkes in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-03-13, 08:37
  5. Money Differing between income based and contribution based ESA
    By galeforce81 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-12, 15:52