Thread: Blown bulb

Blown bulb

My rear indicator light has blown. Just wondering if I should take it in to my dealership to replace the bulb or go to Halfords, as they do a fitting service. This is the first time in 10 years of being a Motability customer that I've had a blown bulb.

Any advice I would appreciate.

We had a rear bulb go in our last car and went into the dealer to see who should change it. They changed it straight away at no cost and only took 10 mins. Our car is a Citroen.

Cheers. I'll phone the dealer on Monday to arrange to come in.

Went to dealership today, turns out the rear light cluster was filled with water. They have to order another light cluster. They put in a new bulb so the indicator will work for a bit. Will get it refitted on Wednesday or Thursday.

Pleased you got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Went to dealership today, turns out the rear light cluster was filled with water. They have to order another light cluster. They put in a new bulb so the indicator will work for a bit. Will get it refitted on Wednesday or Thursday.
    Hi can I ask what car you have....I wonder if it's a common problem ?
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

VW Golf Estste. My sister has a Golf as well and she had her light cluster replaced due to water condensation.