Thread: PIP reassessment area

PIP reassessment area

Please could someone advise me. I have just seen that my PL postcode has been chosen as a PIP reassessment area from Feb 23rd. I read and re-read it. I have an indefinite DLA award, with no change in circumstances. Because I live in this area does it mean I am due to be reassessed imminently? or is it that only someone whose DLA is due for renewal or new claim would be for PIP. I am worried sick!
    Last edited by nina_simone; 07-02-15 at 12:10.

Nina, You have no reason to worry. Those on indefinite DLA awards, are to be re-assessed/invited to apply for PIP from October, 2015, onwards. Nobody knows how this will pan out, how long it will take, or in what order those on indefinite awards are to be re-assessed.

I have also been told that the General Election, May, 2015, could even have a bearing on this date, as could, even the backlog of those currently going through the PIP process.

So, you can relax for the next few months as least!

Thank you so much spencer69. I had hoped I was wrong, but everything I read now seems to send me into panic mode. The thing is I am not trying to get benefits I am not entitled to, but I feel the DWP are painting everyone with disabilities as scroungers. Maybe I am paranoid but they have made me this way. Thank you once again x

Nina, No problems, and no, you're not the only person that current government (hopefully, not to be for much longer!) and DWP have been made to feel paranoid. I was the same, going back many years, prior to 2010 & earlier, after I had to resign after working (and very much enjoying my work) full time for 14 years, due to my health problems. Being new, at that time to the benefits system, I relied on the DWP/DHSS (as it then was) for information and to a degree, advice. At the time of completing my 1st IB50 and DLA applications, I felt slightly worried and concerned, but no more so than any 'newcomer' at that time. However, I don't care how experienced and confident people in our situation, may appear or say they are, since 2010, 'paranoia' in some form is at least 1 symptom all of us have experienced to some degree. Not forgetting the stress, anxiety, worry, sleeplessness, and added symptoms that these people have caused.

Don't want to get anymore political as this only seeks to raise my temper. What I will say, is that you will always get help from somebody here. That is why I joined originally, for advice and support. I have found this site invaluable in every aspect (not just benefits/forms). Even if you want/need to vent off and have a good rant about any subject, take it out on the software or keyboard and post your 'problem' to be shared, where it can at least be halved!

Take care X