Thread: Applied for PIP, didn't reply to ATOS...but won enhanced award anyway. Huh?

Exclamation Applied for PIP, didn't reply to ATOS...but won enhanced award anyway. Huh?

As the title says. I completed the application form and sent it off, and soon received a letter from ATOS with a questionnaire. I didn't send this back, as the idea of completing ANOTHER form was too overwhelming (I had spent days on the first one). So I gave up, even ignoring the reminder letters ATOS sent me.

But two days ago, I received a letter from the decision maker saying that I was successful with the application, and where I scored points. I'm confused. I want to be happy, but I don't know what is going on. I did write a lot in my application, but I supplied no supporting evidence...I find it hard to believe they would have just taken my word for it.

Plus, why is ATOS still asking me to send back the questionnaire? 7 days before I received the award, I got a letter saying to them that neglecting to send the letter back would negatively affect my benefit. What has happened? Is this a clerical error? Has someone from DWP made the decision independently but didn't tell ATOS about it?

Help! I keep having nightmares about them saying 'oops, we made a mistake. You're not actually entitled after all!'

Thanks

Has someone from DWP made the decision independently but didn't tell ATOS about it?
    It is the DWP Decision Maker that makes an award NOT Atos.

Atos merely provide a recomendation report to the DM which is to help him make his decision.
    He could ignore them completely if he chooses to.
    He will also have had a copy of the original application form, and anything else, that you did send in.

As you have recieved the letter telling you about the award and where you scored points it looks like the DM has made his decision based on what you did send originally.
    (Again that letter has nothing to do with Atos).

Atos have no power to change his decision once made, it is not their job make decisions.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.