Thread: DLA Renewal - Help Please

DLA Renewal - Help Please

Ok so am on MRC LRM DLA plus an SDP and ESA support group. Last year I got a renewal pack for DLA (my postcode not in PIP area yet). I filled the form in and sent it. The form was lost in transit somewhere!!!! I didn't know (preoccupied with major health issues plus 4 bereavements in 4 months) until 2 weeks ago that it had been lost.
    I received new renewal form and sent it back accordingly. As my claim expired 26th Jan I'm aware of the massive impact it'll have, especially as am under 35 and in private rental.
    My question is how long do renewals normally take? I'm just scared about becoming homeless again. I know am facing weeks of hunger as will have to pay bills before I buy food. I know, with HB, am losing just over £800 a month. Any help gratefully received re time frames! Thank you.

It's difficult to say, as the time taken depends on so many factors.

I trust that the form arrived at DWP on or before the last day of your expiring DLA award. If it did not, it will be treated as a claim in the alternative for PIP and you will be sent a PIP2. In this scenario, DWP ignore the answers given about your disability, as the PIP criteria are so different to DLA.

So long as DWP received your form on or before the last day of your expiring DLA award, they will make a decision on DLA in due course.

Whatever happens, any award will be backdated to the first day after the expiry of your old DLA award.