Thread: Accessible beaches

Accessible beaches

Someone was asking about accessible holidays.....
    http://disabilityhorizons.com/2015/0...-world/?utm_so

I'll go and review em if someone pays!

I'm always interested in giving a second opinion on holiday venues!

I've been to Manly Beach in Sydney Australia and Bondi!

I was there in December some years ago. Remember it's their summer in December but it's 35C and someone still dresses like Santa1!

The beaches are also dangerous at this time of year. Besides watching out for Great White Sharks there's the box jellyfish or 'stingers' that arrive in tens of thousand to Australia's coastline. Your only protection is to wear tights if swimming at Manly Beach!

Right, so the snows fallen, not keen on snow show me some heat. You can join me if we escape to Thailand! When are you free!!

Polis in Cyprus has a Seatrac device which enables wheelchair users to access the sea. It wasn't there the last time I visited, but they did have an accessible path into the sea and a large wheeled chair.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/08/11/ea...n-wheelchairs/

I did use one of those large wheeled chairs in the US a few years ago, excellent fun. There was no rental charge either.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

all this talk of beaches,, I have just walked to the dry cleaners in the snow, then realised I had forgotten my purse
    Going to crank up the heating and look at holidays online
    Dreams cost nothing lol

I have some happy memories of the Grek side of Cyprus but it really has become very commercial.

If you go to Paphos and access is an issue then book into a hotel at harbour level because the pavements inland are at least 8 inches high!

Also pre-book a hire car before you go otherwise you will be creamed at the Airport

You can hire electric scooters there but again book one before you go to avoid disappointment.

Best time to go is April or mid September if you want pleasant heat. Food is outstanding and the natives are very friendly. Taxis are plentiful and tend to favour air-conditioned Mercedes cars.

Paphos has more culture paphos harbour while Aya Napa on the Turkish border is best for sandy beaches.

A nice trip is up to the Troodos Mountains in a 4x4. Cyprus is one of the few countries where you can be treading on snow in the morning and sun bathing on the beach in the afternoon.