Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enhanced disability premium

aman123

enhanced disability premium

I won my pip case at tribunal and was awarded the enhanced rate of the daily living component. I applied for esa butI am not receiving the enhanced disability premium with my standard rate. What can I do?

At what stage is your ESA claim?

If you are still on assessment rate (standard rate), ie. yet to have WCA decision and so yet to have an award of WRAG or SG then any enhancements or premiums cannot be applied.

Once an award has been made then the enhancements may apply.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    At what stage is your ESA claim?

If you are still on assessment rate (standard rate), ie. yet to have WCA decision and so yet to have an award of WRAG or SG then any enhancements or premiums cannot be applied.

Once an award has been made then the enhancements may apply.
    That's not true - the premiums can apply whilst still on the assessment rate.

The sole deciding factor of whether the premium can be awarded is whether the claimant is entitled to Income Related ESA once all premiums are taken into account.

So where does this leave the OP?

Aman 123,
    I can only suggest at this stage that you ring the DWP and ask why you are not getting EDP.

glasgowadviser
    Contact esa.

Assuming you meet all other entitlements then my guess would be it's just a simple mistake or you have a contribution only based claim and they will want you to fill in a form.for the income related part.

aman123 has previously posted that DWP have applied for the Statement of Reasons following the First-tier Tribunal hearing. EDP cannot be awarded on the basis of PIP unless enhanced rate Daily Living PIP is in payment.

In other words, the tribunal decision is not sufficient - DWP either have to decide not to pursue the case to the Upper Tribunal or all the appeal stages have to complete and the original poster finish up with an award of enhanced rate Daily Living PIP.

Any award of EDP will be backdated to the start of the ESA award or the start of the enhanced rate Daily Living PIP award, whichever is later.

Ah; so PIP has not yet been finally awarded - it may be going to the upper tribunal?

Flymo;
    I'm still not sure about EDP being paid on assessment rate. Have been looking at DM guides, etc. but can't see anything except payments after an award.

Suppose enhancements were paid whilst on assessment rate but then a fit-for-work decision was made?
    Enhancements would have to be paid back as the claimant didn't qualify for ESA?

I realise that this may be covered in the legislation somewhere, I don't have your legal training so find it hard to follow the legislative trails, but would have thought the DM guidance would have something to say about it.

Pity there is no PM'ing on this site so we have to discuss these technical nuances on the main site.
    I'm sure that not everybody is interested, they just want a clear answer to their problem.
    There again it may get others into reading the underlying documents and legislation.

aman123
    I rang up ESA and they said that because I was not getting any PIP payments the premium can not be added but once I start getting PIP the premium will be backdated to the start of the ESA claim. Thanks for your advice anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aman123 View Post
    I rang up ESA and they said that because I was not getting any PIP payments the premium can not be added but once I start getting PIP the premium will be backdated to the start of the ESA claim. Thanks for your advice anyway.
    That's good to hear.
    Were they helpful/friendly? I have to phone up myself about EDP on support group and am a bit worried about calling them.

aman123
    The first adviser I spoke to didn't know what was going on so they arranged for a call back. The manager rang me back and explained clearly what was going on. I would advise you to ring them for a better understanding.