Thread: Overturned decision for PIP's

Overturned decision for PIP's

Hi all I have posted a few times regarding DLA to PIP's Had been turned down flat in December on both components without being seen. Waited 4 weeks for phone call that never came so sent another letter with extra information to DWP. Eventually they responded with a phone call a lovely man who went through all the information that I was disputing. Have got my brown envelope today less than 2 weeks after phone call and have been awarded both components at lower rate, which I was expecting as they have lowered the mobility walking distance from 50m to 20m for the enhanced rate but they have awarded it for 10 years as I won't get any better and also I do not have to attend a face to face interview which takes out a lot of stress. This award is less than I was getting on DLA but considering how many people have been turned down and their reconsideration has not been changed I feel I have been now treated fair. Hope to see other people who have asked for reconsideration changed as well.

how long did you wait for an answer from the re assessment , iv to fone up to start my dla to pip change

Had letter beginning December turned down. They eventually phoned Monday last week after I had called 4 times, I also sent another letter disagreeing with their points. Today I received the reconsideration letter awarding me both components. I actually started my DLA to PIPs back in August. I hope it goes ok for you.