PDA

View Full Version : TV company looking to speak with young individuals...

Paul
22-03-14, 11:58
Received from a charity that I'm involved in, may be of interest to some of you...
(admin - if i've posted in the wrong area please move)

TV company looking to speak with young individuals who are looking to hire a care worker/ personal assistant

My name is Beth and I am a Researcher at Ricochet television (part of the Shed Media group) who make a broad range of programmes from pure documentaries like Channel 4’s Born to be Different, which has been following six children with disabilities for the last decade through to large scale award winning formats like Supernanny. We also make the science series Food Unwrapped (ch4) and Cowboy Builders (ch5). A full portfolio of our output is available on our website: www.ricochet.co.uk.

I am contacting you today to enquire about the possibly of placing a short casting call on your mail out or social media site such as facebook or twitter to search for potential contributors for a new taster tape that we are making for a major mainstream broadcaster.

My job is to develop ideas for new programmes and excitingly, we have interest from a channel having pitched a documentary series focused around young adults with a disability who are on the hunt for a likeminded care worker/ personal assistant. We want to hear a little bit about them, their interests and also their experiences with care workers/ personal assistants in the past.

The series would be a 2 part series that will aim to be educational, engaging and honest giving a 360 degree view of care work in the UK.

At the moment we are looking for people who would consider filming a short taster tape with us (a 3-5 minute not be for broadcast tape). This is why I’m writing to you, in the hope that you might be able to put me in touch with young people who would be interested in finding out more about the project, with a view to taking part.

If you feel like you would be able to post the below casting call on one of your social media pages or a mail out then I would be really grateful. Or maybe if you or anyone in the company knows someone personally who might like to get involved then that would be brilliant too!

If you have any queries I am contactable at this email address or by phone on 01273 224800.

Many thanks in advance, I hope you’re having a good week and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Beth

Are you 18-35?

Are you in the process of employing a care worker/personal assistant with similar interests and hobbies to yourself?

Would you be willing to talk about your previous experiences with care workers/ personal assistants?

If so, UK based Television Company Ricochet are looking to speak with young adults with a disability who are on the hunt for a likeminded care worker/ personal assistant. We want to hear a little bit about yourself, your interests and also your experiences with care workers/ personal assistants in the past.

If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in, I would love to hear from you. Please contact me, Beth Read on bethany.read@ricochet.co.uk or call me on 01273 224800.

*Please note that getting in contact does not oblige you to take part in the programme.

Beth Read
Researcher
bethany.read@ricochet.co.uk

Ricochet Ltd
Pacific House
126 Dyke Road
Brighton
BN1 3TE

Tel: 01273 224800
Fax: 01273 770350

www.ricochet.co.uk
Registered in England