PDA

View Full Version : Doctoral research on how people with disabilities manage discrimination

PsychologyMark89
03-10-13, 16:50
Dear all,

My name is Mark, and I am a final year PhD student at Canterbury Christ Church University who has cerebral palsy. My area of study investigates how non-disabled and physically disabled people interact.

The current research I am conducting is one of the last I will do during the course of my doctorate. In this study, I am interested in how people with physical disabilities respond to discrimination from non-disabled people.

The study consists of an online survey that will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. I hope that some of you can participate.

In the survey, you will be asked to imagine yourself in a situation where a non-disabled person has displayed ignorance towards you. You will then be presented with two possible responses you could give to the situation and asked questions about each one.

The link to the survey is here.
https://cccusocialsciences.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2ujdstBf0kgJBwV

I have found members of this forum very generous in their willingness to help with my research in the past and I thank everyone in advance for their time and effort.

If you wish to contact me directly about this research I can be reached at mark.carew@canterbury.ac.uk

Lastly, if you have any friends or family who may be interested in this research please feel free to share it with them.

Mark

firebird
03-10-13, 17:11
I think I have done this survey before.

PsychologyMark89
04-10-13, 10:24
Hi Firebird,

I started data collection for this survey on Monday, so you may have seen/completed on another site. Apart from this, I have posted different research on this forum before. In particular, you may be thinking of one study in which you might have been asked to read a newspaper article.

This survey is different in that you are asked to imagine yourself in a situation and given two choices of how to respond to it. Please do consider taking part in this one too if you have the time.

babyblu64
04-10-13, 13:31
I have completed the questionaire.
Interesting as I have been in the situation a number of times.