PDA

View Full Version : wait, what?

flowerangelx
22-07-13, 20:22
I emailed my personal advisor at Ingeus on friday, asking her if I could delay my next appointment(it was today) as I need to go to the doctors, she accepted this with no problem, then emailed me back with a new appointment(I was extremely grateful for this) and at the end of the email she stated this would be my last appointment as my work programme is ending.

Er...I'm not on a work programme? I'm on ESA: WRAG, and have been awarded this for a year.

On her system, I'm on JSA and have been for 2 years, which isn't true. I had a job until January 2012, then in Feb I went onto ESA...

Confused. Does WRAG mean work programme?!

acheron
22-07-13, 20:31
Hi Flowerangelx thought it stood for work related activity group ? do these people know WTF their doing? sorry Flower haven't a clue maybe I could work for them if I get found fit for work but then again I may be too intelligent and I'm thick as pudding LOL xx

flowerangelx
22-07-13, 20:39
It does stand for Work Related Activity Group...that's why I'm confused :confused:

This is the second time they've sent me JSA related crap, I've already asked them to correct their information(I even took in documents to PROVE I'm on ESA not JSA.)

Now they think i'm on a work programme...which I'm not.

Last time she was really apologetic about it, but it's been done again - doesn't give me much faith, I have to say.

And I wouldn't call you thick in the slightest :) xx

Lighttouch
22-07-13, 21:35
Hi Flowergirl - I know nothing - but found this link http://www.rethink.org/get-involved/campaigns/unfair-wca?gclid=CNGE8vKGxLgCFYPHtAod0gUArA

In the meantime I bid you goodnight and sleep well.

flowerangelx
22-07-13, 21:38
Oh, not only this...

She tried to phone me to resolve the issue. My last advisor updated my information to say I will NOT accept phonecalls due to hearing problems and anxieties with using telephones(I received some disgusting & vile threats via the phone which triggered this.)

*sigh*

I just..I want to scream!

Account removed
23-07-13, 11:09
It does make you want to scream worse it's affect people who are vulnerably and are seeking help.

This morning I had a phone call saying that I needed to attend my next interview, I said I'm not on wrag and they said yes you are, then after a few seconds they say oh yes sorry just found the letter, if a person had a mental health issues it could send them into a break down or worse.

wobble1
23-07-13, 12:34
I emailed my personal advisor at Ingeus on friday, asking her if I could delay my next appointment(it was today) as I need to go to the doctors, she accepted this with no problem, then emailed me back with a new appointment(I was extremely grateful for this) and at the end of the email she stated this would be my last appointment as my work programme is ending.

Er...I'm not on a work programme? I'm on ESA: WRAG, and have been awarded this for a year.

On her system, I'm on JSA and have been for 2 years, which isn't true. I had a job until January 2012, then in Feb I went onto ESA...

Confused. Does WRAG mean work programme?!
Clearly some confusion in your particular case with being on the system as JSA.

However for the record, people on wrag may have to attend work programmes. When you have a WFI the advisor will decide if you are capable and eligible.

flowerangelx
23-07-13, 12:59
I have extensive mental health issues and this caused me to have a panic attack yesterday..to the point where my mother was considering calling out a doctor.

I have never been called for a WFI at the job centre...?! was referred straight to these useless excuses for human beings(that may sound harsh, but..really, it isn't.)

I was emailed back today and she once again sent me information relating to JSA. I asked for her managers information to contact them instead.

My first advisor said I was nowhere near ready for work and said she would be in contact in due course, the second advisor..well, they forced me into a 'workshop' that caused me more harm and made me ill for weeks. Now this one is just useless!

Account removed
23-07-13, 14:55
It sounds to me as if you have already had two WFI's the first one was when the adviser stated you were not ready for work, and the second was when they put you forward for the workshop, and what they mean is that this work shop is now ending and your third WFI is coming up. You do not need to go to the Job center to get these interviews it can be any any place they deem suitable for you, it can be Job centers DWP offices or the office of any one of the providers.

When your placed onto WRAG your normally called in to have an interview, then you will have the next four monthly and they will send you to workshops or training programs and you have to attend.

If I'm getting you right , I'm sure you have now had two WFI's

flowerangelx
23-07-13, 15:06
I understood that the WFI take place at the job centre, not ingeus?

I have never had anything that could be considered as a WFI. IF they are WFI's, I've had about 8.

And they cannot force you to attend workshops if they don't help - the one I went to, like I said, caused me to get extremely ill mentally so it was agreed that they did not benefit me.

wobble1
23-07-13, 17:14
I think in your case you have not attended WFI as you are on the system as JSA.
You'd be amazed how difficult it is for the DWP to correct a simple clerical error, but then that seems to apply to many computer systems, they just don't seem to allow the simplest of data to be changed.
I think it's something to do with administrative permission.
You seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you don't attend because you don't have to, the next news is your benefit will stop.

flowerangelx
23-07-13, 18:52
I have re-arranged my appointment, and my advisor told me they will be booking a taxi for me(due to agoraphobia etc) so they are aware I'm on ESA...

All my paperwork says ESA..confused!

wobble1
23-07-13, 23:50
I have re-arranged my appointment, and my advisor told me they will be booking a taxi for me(due to agoraphobia etc) so they are aware I'm on ESA...

All my paperwork says ESA..confused!
Seriously you need to sort it out if its making you ill to attend when you shouldn't have to.

Having said that, IF you did attend a WFI and didn't realise it was one, and told a advisor you were interested in doing something, even basic, like charity work or a part time college course or even a home internet course, then they would jump at that and chances are you would be put on a course such as you are.
Just another possibilty.

flowerangelx
24-07-13, 12:13
I have never told an adviser of any sort that i'm interested in charity work or anything like it...that's why I don't get it.

It is making me ill because I panic over little things like what if the information isn't right? what if i'm late? what if their last appointment is running late?

:(

wobble1
24-07-13, 16:12
I have never told an adviser of any sort that i'm interested in charity work or anything like it...that's why I don't get it.

It is making me ill because I panic over little things like what if the information isn't right? what if i'm late? what if their last appointment is running late?

:(
Well it's a complete mystery then :confused:
I do hope you can get it sorted.
All the best, don't let them twist your melon.

flowerangelx
29-07-13, 18:32
I asked my advisor if these are WFI's and she said no..

:confused: