PDA

View Full Version : What work can i do without losing my high rate DLA..As lost my ESA contribution based

mrspitt33
29-03-13, 13:37
Hi
i was recently on ESA support group as well as High rate DLA which i use the money to pay for my car, my problem is ive not lost my ESA as it was contribuation based and as my partner works and brings home £300 awk im not entitles to any money which have left us unable to keep up with bills etc and the worry and stress of it is making me more ill than i already am. I been to job centre and they just told me to do volenteer work to see how i go, but this dont pay the bills. I dont no where to start in looking for work as havent worked in over 15 years, can anyone give me any advice on what work i can do and keep my DLA? i could only manage a few hours a wk and no lifting and walking and standing for too long either. I really im at a losose end and feel like ive been kicked out and forced into work. Any advice and hep i would be grateful for...Thanks you

wazza
02-04-13, 08:13
I assume you can do desk work like admin etc.

Till operator at supermarket. Have seen disabled people in a wheelchair working behind the till.

RaeUK
03-04-13, 00:39
DLA isn't an 'out of work benefit', it's there to help with the extra cost being disabled incurs. It is paid regardless of whether you are in work or not. So, the answer would be: any work that you're able to do would be fine as long as it doesn't contradict how your declared illness or disability affects you.

Lucky513513
17-04-13, 16:46
Sorry , cant offer any suggestions as I am in the very same situation or will be when I have had the back to work interview next week . I had an accident which left me numerouse problems with my legs and back 14 years ago .It sounds similar to your limitations and the only thing that may help me is surgery , but they can't quarentee it working. If it doesnt I will be in a worse situation but still I wont get benefit decision changed as they say there is always "something ,even a person with only one limb can do . It is disgusting that these inhumane people can do this to us.
Voluntry work brings no money in , I am dreading whatever questions they ask so it has led to not sleeping and Im even dreading setting foot in the place . What I am going to do is contact citizans advice, maybe they can help . I will post on here any advice I can maybe it will help others.

Lucky513513
10-05-13, 20:52
contacted CA. they couldnt realy help .