PDA

View Full Version : Universal State Pension - 7 years away

Lighttouch
09-05-16, 19:41
It's all very confusing in my opinion.

- Medical ill-health retirement 5 years ago aged 54 - enhanced private pensionso it's the same as if I was just retiring aged 66.

- New Universal State Pension requires 35 years of National Insurance credits to get the new £151 weekly sum when you become of state pension age e.g. in 7 years time.

- I've actually got 38 years of NI credits so I'm guessing any extra NI Credits are wasted - or are they!

My question - I never registered with JobCentrePlus as I'm not eligible for financial support due to small private pension.

- Just sent a request to the DWP for a pension statement or forecast. As I opted out of SERPS 15 years ago to help fund my private pension the DWP will remove at least £60 a week from the proposed State Pension when it gets paid in 7 years time.

I hope you are following this as the administrators of the State Pension couldn't tell me if it was worth registering wit JCP to secure further NI Credits - . . .

I think I'll go for a cup of tea now!

oimum
04-10-16, 20:30
Did you ever find out light touch if you should signn on?

Lighttouch
04-10-16, 21:06
I think they said I was 4 years short for a full State Pension.

I need to sign on for 4 years to get Missing NI contributions.

Haven't done any form filling - maybe I should!

reddivine
05-10-16, 07:31
And yet how can you sign on, cuz then they say you have to be "actively seeking work"....

Lighttouch
05-10-16, 17:51
And yet how can you sign on, cuz then they say you have to be "actively seeking work".... Reddivine, now you're being technical! I guess if I signed on I'd have a Capability test and hopefully be put in the 'support group'. just to get extra NI contributions. It's worth an extra £18 a week once I retire in 7 years time!

nukecad
05-10-16, 18:35
Reddivine, now you're being technical! I guess if I signed on I'd have a Capability test and hopefully be put in the 'support group'. just to get extra NI contributions. It's worth an extra £18 a week once I retire in 7 years time!
An extra £18 a week, £936 a year +triple locked increase each year. For the rest of your life after you retire.

Worth the hassle claiming ESA and going through a WCA?

Up to you but I know what I would be doing

reddivine
06-10-16, 09:21
Women, apparently are pensioners till 66. Moved the goalposts again. My mom was pensioner at 60. I shall just not think about it cuz I could then get REALLY depressed!!

nukecad
06-10-16, 16:35
Two ladies I know were born within a month of each other.
They work together at my local.

One gets her state pension next January, the younger one has to wait till 2020.

Just because of that one month difference.

You have to draw a line somewhere, but as you can imagine the younger one is not happy about it.